StorageCraft ShadowProtect for Small Business
Recover Windows Systems Quickly, and Keep Your Business Running
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
StorageCraft ShadowProtect for Small Business provides users of Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials or Foundation, Windows Server 2012 Essentials or Foundation, or Windows Small Business Server (SBS), with fast and reliable disaster recovery, data protection, and system migration to get servers back online as quickly as possible.
The legendary reliability of ShadowProtect includes bare metal recovery to the same system, new hardware, or to and from virtual environments. Protect your entire server—including your operating system, applications, services, settings and data.
With ShadowProtect for Small Business you can:
- Take advantage of Windows Server 2012 support as well as support of additional systems including UEFI, LBD, and RedHat KVM hypervisor.
- Schedule automatic full and incremental backups for automatic protection of Windows servers.
- Manage backups from centralized management console.
- Backup SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, and other critical applications.
- Rapidly recover from bare metal, on dissimilar hardware or to and from virtual environments.
- Verify, manage and automatically consolidate backup images from a single console with StorageCraft ImageManager.
- Boot any ShadowProtect image as a VM with StorageCraft VirtualBoot.
- Convert backup images to.VHD or.VMDK.
- Recover individual files and folders in moments.
- Easily migrate to new Windows servers with zero data loss.
Upgrade to StorageCraft Premium Support*
StorageCraft world-class premium support includes:
- 24-hour telephone support for Emergency support issues
- 24-hour online support for high, medium and low-severity support issues
- Priority placement in support queue during regular business hours
*StorageCraft Premium Support is purchased on an annual basis as an add-on to the StorageCraft Maintenance agreement.
As IT environments change, what remains consistent for organizations large and small is the need to protect themselves from unplanned downtime—both everyday disruptions and major disasters. With demands for 24/7 availability and data growth skyrocketing, an organization’s ability to quickly recover its mission-critical systems and resume normal business operations is crucial.
Organizations need a backup and disaster recovery solution that protects both physical and virtual Windows systems and provides full control over the ability to quickly get the business up and running again after a disruption or disaster. Since you never know what resources will be available to you in a disaster, the flexibility to be able to recover anywhere, anytime, every single time is unquestionably vital.
Since 2003, businesses have relied on the award-winning StorageCraft ShadowProtect backup and disaster recovery solution to protect, recover, and migrate their physical and virtual Windows systems. As the foundation of the StorageCraft Recovery Solution, ShadowProtect gives you peace of mind that your Windows systems are fully protected and can be rapidly recovered, no matter the disruption or disaster you face. How it works:
- Install ShadowProtect on any server or workstation you wish to protect. ShadowProtect quickly and efficiently captures your entire system including the operating system (OS), applications, settings, services, and your data.
- Take regularly scheduled backups as often as every 15 minutes. Schedule full and incremental backups to best fit your needs.
- Choose where to store your backup files. Write backup images to any internal, removable, or network storage locations.
- Easily monitor and manage your backup jobs in the ShadowProtect user interface or through the web-based management console StorageCraft ShadowControl.
- Rest assured you have multiple options to recover onsite and offsite in minutes. Recover entire systems or specific files and folders—all from the same backup image.
StorageCraft ShadowProtect quickly and efficiently creates sector-level backup images of physical and virtual Windows systems. A sector-level backup image is a point-in-time representation of the system and therefore includes not just data but also the operating system, applications, services, and configuration settings.
We leverage Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) to ensure solid backups, and our proprietary snapshot driver StorageCraft Volume Snapshot Manager (VSM) makes sure those backups happen fast.
Because backup images contain everything on a given workstation, server, or virtual machine (VM), when you need to recover its system, you can do so in minutes rather than hours or days.
StorageCraft ShadowProtect lets you:
- Rapidly access individual data files and folders
- Restore to the same or different hardware or a virtual environment in a matter of minutes
- Boot a backup image as a VM for a quick, temporary fix
Features & Benefits:
Capture everything—systems, applications, configuration settings, services, data—so you don’t risk losing irreplaceable data, custom applications, or your operating system.
Run backups regularly, even while people work (they won’t even notice), and you’ll never risk losing more than a few minutes of data.
Manage the ShadowProtect agent on remote machines without leaving your desk.
Verify backup images to ensure they’re in a known good state for fast and reliable recovery.
Recover a file or a folder or restore a whole system fast, to the same or different hardware, and avoid downtime and its costs.
Move a system to a new machine without losing uptime, and do so regardless of your hardware choice.
StorageCraft licenses ShadowProtect on a per-system basis.
- Perpetual licensing for virtual and physical machines
- You can buy a single license for a single system or buy bundles of licenses with volume discounting to protect several systems at once.
- MSP subscription licensing for virtual and physical machines
- MSPs providing protection for their clients can provide monthly subscriptions that auto-renew.
|Supported Operating Systems||ShadowProtect License Types|
|Windows Server 2016 x64||-||-|
|Windows Server 2012 R2 x64||-||-|
|Windows Server 2012 x64||-||-|
|Windows Server 2008 R2 x64||-||-|
|Windows Server 2008 x86/x64
(Service Pack 2 or higher)
|Windows Server 2003 R2 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows Server 2003 x86/x64
(Service Pack 2 or higher)
|Windows 2000 x86 Server, Advanced Server (Service Pack 4 or higher)||Limited||-||-|
|Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 x64 Essentials||-||-|
|Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 Essentials, Foundation||-||-|
|Windows Server 2012 x64 Essentials, Foundation||-||-|
|Windows Small Business Server 2011 x64||-||-|
|Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 x64 Essentials||-||-|
|Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Foundation||Limited||-|
|Windows Server 2008 x86/x64 Foundation
(Service Pack 2 or higher)
|Windows Small Business Server 2008 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows Small Business Server 2003 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows 10 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows 8.1 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows 8 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows 7 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows Vista x86/x64
(Service Pack 2 or higher)
|Windows XP x86/x64
(Service Pack 3 or higher)
|Windows 2000 x86 Professional
(Service Pack 4 or higher)
Limited Support: StorageCraft ShadowProtect supports backup of Windows 2000 environments. However, lack of hardware support and suitable device drivers may make recovery difficult. If you use Windows 2000, make sure you have appropriate hardware and drivers you can use as your recovery target should a disaster happen. (Note: StorageCraft VirtualBoot technology does not support Windows 2000; additionally, Windows 2000 doesn’t have a VSS framework or support, so VSS backups are not available in Windows 2000.) For specific Windows Server 2008 Foundation and R2 Foundation licensing information, please contact your sales representative.
Virtual licenses: ShadowProtect should not be installed directly into the host of a Type 1 hypervisor. The recommended configuration is to back up the guest operating system within each virtual machine.
System admin tools: ShadowProtect IT Edition and ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO support all the same operating systems that the above ShadowProtect license types support.
- Citrix XenServer
- Linux KVM
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Virtual PC
- Microsoft Virtual Server
- Oracle VirtualBox
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV)
- VMware ESX/ESXi (including the free version of ESXi)
- VMware Workstation
Download the StorageCraft ShadowProtect Data Sheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.