StorageCraft ShadowProtect IT Edition Pro
Unlimited Disaster Recovery and Data Protection for Windows Systems and Unlimited Granular Recovery for Exchange Servers
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Backup Systems without Installing Software
Managing and maintaining business systems that are always changing can be overwhelming. Simply introducing new software into a computing environment can throw the entire business into chaos, if you aren’t careful. IT professionals need a tool at their disposal that will help them protect valuable business systems and their data, without adding new headaches to system administration.
StorageCraft ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO provides you with unlimited disaster recovery, data protection, and system migration for every Windows system in your IT environment, without installing any software. In addition to protecting all of your Windows systems, ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO also gives you unlimited granular recovery of email messages and mailboxes for every Exchange server you support.
Part of the StorageCraft Recover-Ability solution, ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO allows you to back up everything on a system, including the operating system, applications, services, and data—and then save that backup to an external storage device. The StorageCraft Recover- Ability solution allows you to recover anytime, anywhere. Which means you can keep business running after any disaster—great or small.
ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO is unique because you can use it to backup and recover an unlimited number of servers, desktops, and laptops based on its subscription- based pricing. Because it includes StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange, you can quickly recover email messages and entire mailboxes from Exchange Database (EDB) files. This award-winning, best-in-class technology also allows you to search mailboxes and email messages based on criteria you specify.
ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO is also perfect for system migrations or system upgrades—whether you’re moving to a new version of Windows, brand new physical hardware, or to a virtual machine.
ShadowProtect IT Edition Pro has these benefits:
- Doing a quick (hot) backup before starting any new project or system change
- Creating a backup image of a system's original factory settings
- Upgrading to a new version of Windows server or desktop operating system
- Migrating to new hardware or virtual environment
- Performing bare metal recovery
- Retrieving accidentally deleted email messages and other data
- Supporting electronic discovery (e-discovery) efforts and computer forensics investigations
StorageCraft ShadowProtect IT Edition and IT Edition Pro
Managing ever-changing business systems while maintaining 24/7 availability can be a challenge. Given the responsibility for tasks such as rolling out new applications, performing software upgrades, addressing imminent hardware failures, provisioning new workstations, virtualizing physical servers, and preparing for impending natural disasters, IT professionals need to be prepared for anything.
A flexible tool that allows you to quickly protect, recover, and migrate Windows systems, without adding new risks or headaches to system administration, is a must-have for any IT toolkit. For managed service providers (MSPs) the need for protection and flexibility is even more crucial because they have less control at client sites and may be working across clients with a variety of machines, both physical and virtual, from several different manufacturers.
StorageCraft ShadowProtect IT Edition is a standalone tool that makes IT tasks easier. It’s an essential addition to every IT technician’s toolkit. With it you can reliably back up, recover, or migrate an unlimited number of any Windows servers, desktops or laptops during your subscription period—without installing any software or rebooting the system. It’s preloaded on a convenient USB so you can easily carry it with you and always have it available whenever you need it.
The ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO version gives you even more by combining all the features and benefits of ShadowProtect IT Edition with StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange. You gain the ability to search and recover an unlimited number of email messages and mailboxes for every Exchange server you support.
Examples of how you can use this flexible tool:
- Do a quick (hot) backup before starting any new project or system change
- Create a backup image of a system’s original factory settings
- Upgrade to a new version of Windows operating system
- Migrate to new hardware or virtual environment
- Perform bare metal recovery in minutes
- Conduct maintenance or troubleshooting with powerful disk-based diagnostic utilities
- Support e-discovery efforts and computer forensics investigations
- Retrieve accidentally deleted email messages and other data (IT Edition PRO only)
This system admin tool features the core functionality of StorageCraft®ShadowProtect® software—the ability to back up and recover Windows systems, applications, services, and data—as well as other utilities, such as auto-repair and diagnostics.
Available by subscription, ShadowProtect IT Edition lets you back up and recover an unlimited number of servers, desktops, and laptops for the duration of your subscription.
To have StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange bundled in, select ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO. Then you get the ability to search for mailboxes, emails, and other message items and to easily recover them.
While the standard StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange product offers a license for unlimited granular recovery of email messages and mailboxes on a single server (or, for Exchange Server 2013 and 2016, on a single .EDB file), ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO provides the same unlimited recovery, but on an unlimited number of machines.
Features & Benefits:
Unlimited, Unrestricted Backup
Back up an unlimited number of Windows systems (one at a time) for the duration of your subscription.
Unlimited, Unrestricted Recovery and Migration
Recover or migrate an unlimited number of Windows systems (one at a time) during your subscription.
Exchange Message Recovery
With ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO, recover an unlimited number of email messages and mailboxes for every Exchange server you support.
The Perfect Tool for Your IT Toolbox
There are a number of ways you can use ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO. Here are some of the more common scenarios:
- Quick backup before starting any new project or making a system change;
- Upgrading to a new version of Windows (server or desktop);
- Migrating to new hardware—including virtual systems;
- Electronic discovery (e-Discovery);
- Computer forensics;
- Restoring to bare metal.
We license this sysadmin tool based on licensee’s payment of a subscription fee, and the license is per technician.
The licensed technician can use ShadowProtect IT Edition or ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO on an unlimited number of Windows machines but can service only one machine at a time.
Choose from a two-week, one-month, three-month, or annual subscription.
While ShadowProtect IT Edition supports 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows operating systems, StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange runs on 64-bit versions only. StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange requires an Outlook client (Outlook 2007 SP3 or newer installed).
ShadowProtect IT Edition Pro
ShadowProtect IT Edition Pro supports:
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, and all the other Windows Operating Systems that other ShadowProtect license types support
- UEFI motherboards (StorageCraft Recovery Environment requires BIOS emulation)
- FAT16, FAT16X, FAT32, FAT32X, NTFS file systems
- MBR and GPT partition types
- Basic and advanced format hard drives
- Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle VirtualBox, Red Hat KVM/RHEV, VMware hypervisors
StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange supports these as sources and destinations for items you plan to restore:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
Additionally, .PST, .MSG, and .TXT files are also supported destinations. Note: If you use backup software that is not the ShadowProtect brand, you must be able to extract the .EDB file and transaction logs from your backup file and place them in a local directory.
Supported Operating Systems
|ShadowProtect License Types|
|Windows Server 2016 x64||-||-|
|Windows Server 2012 R2 x64||-||-|
|Windows Server 2012 x64||-||-|
|Windows Server 2008 R2 x64||-||-|
|Windows Server 2008 x86/x64
(Service Pack 2 or higher)
|Windows Server 2003 R2 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows Server 2003 x86/x64
(Service Pack 2 or higher)
|Windows 2000 x86 Server, Advanced Server (Service Pack 4 or higher)||Limited||-||-|
|Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 x64 Essentials||-||-|
|Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 Essentials, Foundation||-||-|
|Windows Server 2012 x64 Essentials, Foundation||-||-|
|Windows Small Business Server 2011 x64||-||-|
|Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 x64 Essentials||-||-|
|Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Foundation||Limited||-|
|Windows Server 2008 x86/x64 Foundation
(Service Pack 2 or higher)
|Windows Small Business Server 2008 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows Small Business Server 2003 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows 10 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows 8.1 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows 8 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows 7 x86/x64||-||-|
|Windows Vista x86/x64
(Service Pack 2 or higher)
|Windows XP x86/x64
(Service Pack 3 or higher)
|Windows 2000 x86 Professional
(Service Pack 4 or higher)
Limited Support: StorageCraft ShadowProtect supports backup of Windows 2000 environments. However, lack of hardware support and suitable device drivers may make recovery difficult. If you use Windows 2000, make sure you have appropriate hardware and drivers you can use as your recovery target should a disaster happen. (Note: StorageCraft VirtualBoot technology does not support Windows 2000; additionally, Windows 2000 doesn't have a VSS framework or support, so VSS backups are not available in Windows 2000.) For specific Windows Server 2008 Foundation and R2 Foundation licensing information, please contact your sales representative.
Virtual licenses: ShadowProtect should not be installed directly into the host of a Type 1 hypervisor. The recommended configuration is to back up the guest operating system within each virtual machine.
System admin tools: ShadowProtect IT Edition and ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO support all the same operating systems that the above ShadowProtect license types support.
- Citrix XenServer
- Linux KVM
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Virtual PC
- Microsoft Virtual Server
- Oracle VirtualBox
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV)
- VMware ESX/ESXi (including the free version of ESXi)
- VMware Workstation
Download the StorageCraft ShadowProtect IT Edition and IT Edition Pro Data Sheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
- Upgrades, Updates, and Standard Support Included during subscription
- Multiple years of ShadowProtect IT Edition (up to three years) can be purchased by ordering the normal 1-year SKU (quantity 1) and then the corresponding renewal SKU (quantity up to 2).
- ShadowProtect IT Edition Pro includes StorageCraft ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange.
- Purchase of USB Key is required with all new ShadowProtect IT Edition licenses.