Arcserve Live Migration
Migrate data, applications and workloads to the cloud without downtime
Arcserve Live Migration simplifies the process of migrating data, applications and workloads to the cloud or other target destinations of your choice. In addition to real-time replication which ensures your source and target are in sync before the migration, Arcserve Live Migration will orchestrate the cutover to the target destination to take the complexity out of the migration.
Arcserve Live Migration delivers flexibility for source and target destinations as well as workload types.
- On-premises to cloud
- Cloud to cloud
- Cloud to on-premises
- Virtual to virtual
- Physical to virtual
- Physical to physical
With Arcserve Live Migration, you can:
- Migrate on-premises workloads to the cloud to be able to take advantage of cost savings, efficiency and scale
- Eliminate manual steps that are typically involved with a workload migration
- Achieve the flexibility to move the type of workload and target destination on your terms
- Test the migration before cutover without any impact on production
The Arcserve Advantage
Benefits of Cloud Migration:
The shift to cloud represents a fundamental change in how organizations use and provide their services, with most already running at least one workload in the cloud today. Cloud migration, or the process of moving data, applications and workloads to cloud environments, offers many benefits ranging from greater elasticity and redundancy, to cost efficiencies and improved IT productivity.
Among the various migration methods, the most common is rehosting local, on-premises workloads in the public cloud. However, organizations may also want to move from one cloud platform to another or migrate from the cloud back to a local data center. In any instance, traditional migration often requires downtime to avoid data loss, which can negatively affect workload performance and increase IT costs.
Arcserve Live Migration was designed to eliminate disruption during your cloud transformation. Easily move data, applications and workloads to the cloud or target destination of your choice while keeping your business fully up and running. Remove complexity by orchestrating the cutover to the target destination. Manage the entire cloud migration process from a centralconsole.
How It Works:
Arcserve Live Migration automatically synchronizes files, databases, and applications on Windows and Linux systems with a second physical or virtual environment located on-premises, at a remote location, or in the cloud. Once synchronized, changes are replicated in real time to ensure the source and target are in sync prior to the migration.
Encryption enables secure data transfers between local systems and remote locations without the need for a VPN, and automated network redirection makes the switchover process seamless with push-button cutover to ensure availability to the new production environment.
The entire migration process is managed from a central console with built-in, non-disruptive integrity testing that can be fully automated or performed on a scheduled or as-needed basis.
Source Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2006
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 – 7.4
- CentOS 7.6 – 7.4
- Oracle Linux 7.6 – 7.4
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP4 – SP2, 11 SP3 – SP2)
- AIX 7.1 TL5, 7.2 TL3
*Engine supported Operating Systems can be running on any physical, virtualization hypervisor, and cloud environment.
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2012
Virtual Appliance (Full System Scenario
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS 7.6, 7.5
- Amazon EC2
- Microsoft Azure
- VMware vSphere 6.7, 6.5, 6.0
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server/Windows Server with Hyper-V 2019
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server/Windows Server with Hyper-V 2016, 2012 R2, 2012
- KVM (Linux Full System only)
- Citrix XenServer 7.6, 7.1 (Windows Full System only)
Applications and File Servers
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, 2010
- Oracle Database 12c, 11g
- Microsoft IIS 10, 8.5, 8
- Local disk storage
- Locally mounted LUNs of SAN/NAS through iSCSI, FC, etc.
- CIFS/SMB/NFS-shared remote storage * (OS and configuration limitations apply)
- Windows: NTFS, ReFS, CSVFS
- Linux: XFS, btrfs, ext4, ext3
- AIX: jfs2
Download the Arcserve Live Migration Data Sheet (PDF)