Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP)
Unified Disaster Recovery and Backup
Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP) combines industry-proven disaster recovery, backup and true global deduplication technologies into an all-in-one solution that delivers every data protection capability you and your business need.
Powered by heterogeneous, image-based technology that protects to and from any target, it unifies enterprise-ready features without the complexity of traditional solutions.
Eliminate the need for discrete products, and:
- Safeguard your systems and applications in cloud, virtual and physical environments
- Reduce the risks of extended downtime by cutting RTOs and RPOs from days to minutes
- Scale up, down and out to the cloud on-demand, turning capabilities on and off without forklift upgrades
- Validate your RTOs, RPOs, and SLAs with built-in Assured Recovery™ testing
- Amplify storage efficiency by up to 20x with built-in global, source-side deduplication
- Reclaim up to 50% more time to spend on strategic IT initiatives
Unify protection across on- and off-premises workloads. Simplify at scale.
More data has been created in the past two years than in the entire history of humanity. This data, stored on a wide variety of systems and applications, makes traditional business continuity efforts incredibly labor-intensive and expensive.
It’s clear these organizations don’t need more products to manage – they need increased resiliency that can only come from simplifying processes across all storage platforms, whether local, virtual or cloud.
Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP) future-proofs every infrastructure by delivering data protection and disaster recovery for every type of workload. Backed by heterogeneous, image-based technology that protects to and from any target, it’s the first of its kind to combine enterprise-ready features without the complexity of traditional enterprise solutions.
Easily turn on and off capabilities as needed. Scale up, down, and out to the cloud on demand. Remove distance as a barrier. Eliminate the need for any other data protection solution.
Restore SLAS and reclaim your time
Arcserve UDP gets the job done right, and then gets out of the way. Our whole-business approach to data protection delivers industrial-grade protection for every system, all in one place – which means more IT resources available for other strategic initiatives.
- Prevent data loss and extended downtime across cloud, local, virtual, hyperconverged, and SaaS-based workloads using only one unified central management interface
- Reduce your downtime from days to minutes, and validate recovery times and points (RTOs/RPOs) and service level agreements (SLAs) with automated testing and granular reporting
- Restore faster with instant VM and bare metal recovery (BMR), local and remote virtual standby, application-consistent backup and granular restore, hardware snapshot support, and extensions delivering high availability and tape support
- Accelerate time to value without the need for extensive training or costly professional services. Deploy in minutes and reclaim up to 50% more time
- Bring efficiencies to your infrastructure by freeing up to 20x more storage capacity
- Scale up and down on demand, and turn on and off capabilities without forklift upgrades or additional products
Features and Benefits:
- Virtual Standby – maintain virtual copies of mission-critical systems on Nutanix AHV, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Amazon AWS EC2 and Microsoft Azure for fast boot-up
- Instant VM – spin up business-critical system backups as virtual machines on-demand in Nutanix AHV, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Amazon AWS EC2 and Microsoft Azure
- Assured Recovery™ – schedule automated disaster recovery tests with advanced reporting for stakeholders
- Granular Recovery – restore individual files, emails, Active Directory objects, SharePoint Documents
- Mount Backups – attach backups as virtual drives in Windows and NFS shares in Linux for advanced insights
- Agentless VM Backup – protect Nutanix AHV, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, with automatic protection of newly added VMs
- Advanced Deduplication – increase storage efficiency with true, global, at-source deduplication
- Built-in WAN-optimization – decrease bandwidth requirements for cloud and remote site backup
- Advanced Security – safeguard the data in-flight and at-rest with built-in AES/SSL encryption and TLS 1.2
- Hardware Snapshot – HPE 3Par, Nimble Storage and NetApp ONTAP
Deep Cloud Integration
- Cloud Disaster Recovery – run critical systems in the Arcserve Cloud, AWS and Azure after a disaster
- Cloud Backup – store copies of your backups in the Arcserve Cloud, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and more clouds
- Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure – protect your workloads from data loss and extended downtimes
- Microsoft Office 365 – safeguard your emails, documents and files from data loss
- Cloud Deployment – install Arcserve UDP in Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, VMware vCloud Air, NTT Enterprise Cloud or Fujitsu Cloud Service for OSS for cloud-to-cloud backup with deduplication
Streamlined Management and Advanced Reporting
- Web-based Console – save time with unified, streamlined user interface
- Role-based Administration – assure security with complete access control
- Policy-Based Management – scale disaster recovery and backup without extra effort
- SLA Reporting – keep business stakeholders informed with RTO and RTA (Actual) comparison
- CLI, API and DB integration – advanced capabilities for deeper customization
How It Works:
Arcserve UDP allows you to easily scale hybrid business continuity topologies, locally or over long distances with multiple sites, including service and cloud providers. Installation is done in a few clicks. Create data stores on the recovery point server, add the nodes you want to protect, a storage destination, and a plan.
Back up to either a local machine or a central recovery point server (RPS) with global, source-side deduplication. A destination can be an RPS, local folder, or remote shared folder. Add network CIFS/NFS shares, Office 365 Exchange or SharePoint online nodes, and create related tasks.
Perform jobs such as backup, virtual standby, and replicate. Perform a simple restore or a bare metal recovery.
Fully protect a broad range of platforms, including: Windows, Linux, Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure, Office 365 (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business), Microsoft Exchange, MS SQL, file servers, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Active Directory, Oracle Database, PostgreSQL, VMware vSphere (agentless), Microsoft Hyper-V (agentless) and Nutanix AHV.
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0-7.6, CentOS 6.0-7.6, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.3-12.4, Oracle Linux Server 5.5-7.4, Oracle UEK R5, Debian 8.0-9.8, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS-18.04 LTS
Applications and File Servers
- Microsoft Exchange 2019 (including DAG) database backup and recovery
- Microsoft Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010 (including DAG) with granular item recovery
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017, 2016 SP1, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 Microsoft SharePoint 2016, 2013, 2010
- Oracle Database 18c, 12c with Oracle Fail Safe 4.2.1, 11g
- Windows Active Directory, including granular recovery
- Nutanix AHV 126.96.36.199 and 5.10.x - including agentless backup, Instant VM, Virtual Standby and Assured Recovery
- VMware vSphere 6.7 U2, 6.7 U1, 6.7, 6.5, 6.0, 5.5 – including agentless backup, Instant VM, Virtual Standby and Assured Recovery
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server and Windows Server with Hyper-V 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2 SP1 including agentless backup, Instant VM, Virtual Standby and Assured Recovery
- Guest-based backup for Linux KVM, Citrix XenServer, Oracle VM Server, as well as Nutanix AHV, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Local disk storage – including true, global, source-side deduplication with up to 1:20 ratio
- Hardware snapshots – NetApp with Data ONTAP 8.1-8.3 and 9.3-9.5; Nimble OS 188.8.131.52-4.3; HPE 3Par StoreServ OS 3.2.2 or later with HPE RMC 2.0-5.0.x; VSS and VADP hardware snapshots, including Dell EMC Unity and Kaminario
- Tape – including standalone drives and tape libraries
- Cloud – Arcserve Cloud, Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure (including blob), Eucalyptus-Walrus, Fujitsu Cloud, and all compatible clouds
- Cloud (file copy only) – NIFTY, Cloudn, Cloudian, White Cloud Storage, IIJ GIO, HGST
Cloud Data and Workloads
- Office 365 OneDrive for Business
- Office 365 Exchange Online
- Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Amazon AWS instances
- Microsoft Azure VMs
- Windows: NTFS, ReFS, CSVFS (full backup)
- Linux: ext2, ext3, ext4, ReiserFS 3, XFS*, JFS*, including LVM* and software RAID on MBR and GPT disks
- NAS: CIFS, NFS
*Some OS and environment-specific limitations may apply
Download the Arcserve UDP Data Sheet (PDF)