Arcserve Storage Systems
Tape backup for data archiving and disaster recovery
Tape media still has a place in your data protection plan—especially if you’re dealing with very large backup volumes and data compliance issues. Need a solution for long-term data archiving and disaster recovery?
Arcserve Unified Data Protection is the answer.
Benefits of tape backup over disk
New data protection solutions are flooding the market, but they focus solely on backing up virtual machines to disk—giving little support for backup to tape. These solutions fail to recognize that:
- Tape backup represents your lowest cost option when you factor in management, power, and handling expenses
- Tape is easy to ship to an offsite facility for long-term data archiving
- Tape backup can serve as the foundation for your economic disaster recovery plan—something that’s more difficult with disk-based backup
Arcserve tape backup software
With Arcserve UDP, you benefit from image-based backup and data deduplication—giving you the very latest virtual machine protection—while also offering:
- Integrated tape backup software for physical and virtual machines
- The ability to make copies of disk-based backups for offsite data archiving
Only Arcserve gives you the flexibility you need to match the best backup technology available to your unique application environment needs and data protection plans.